26th April, 2015
Appeal for fund-raising to support victims of Nepal Earthquake
Let us from Indian Australian community along with all others from South Asian communities in Australia come together and raise funds to support victims of Nepal Earthquake.
There is a urgent need for funds for victims.
Nepal Earthquake has caused massive destruction of infrastructure and deaths of more than 2000 people in Nepal. These numbers are going to increase as more information comes in.
India has started “Operation Maitri” (Operation Friendship) to support Nepalese people in this difficult time.
It is our duty as part of Indian Australian community and other communities of South Asian background in Australia to raise much needed funds urgently.
Following guidelines will be followed.
- Funds will be raised transparently and announced publicly.
- We will work with Nepalese Consul General in Sydney and/or Nepalese Ambassador in Australia and hand over the money to them.
- We will keep Indian Consul General in Sydney and Indian High Commissioner in Canberra in the loop.
- We will work in collaboration and co-ordination with Nepalese community in Sydney, Australia.
- Every cent and dollar will be going to the victims.
- Collection of funds will be audited by a chartered accountant to ensure that all raised money has been given to victims.
- Names of all donors of $10 and more will be listed in this post and Facebook.
- While transferring money, please put your name and Earthquake in the reference. Please also send a copy of transaction details to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure your name is published in this Blog post. Please make sure you include your name while sending the transaction detail.
- Account details:
Following people will be co-ordinating and monitoring the fund-raising.
1. Mr Yateen Gupta-Certified Practising Accountant
2. Mr Sreenadh Brahmapuram-Active community member
3. Mr Jagtar Singh-Active community member
4. Dr Yadu Singh-Active community member
Please open your hearts and help victims of Nepal earthquake.
To pledge your donation, please go to the bottom of this page and leave your details with the amount you are pledging in the “Reply” space.
Following people have donated or pledged to donate:
1. Jagdish Lodhia, Sydney $200 Paid
2. Dr Yadu Singh, Sydney $200 Paid
3. Surinder Manku, Sydney $200 Pledge
4. Vinod Chinnappa, Sydney $50 Pledge
5. Hermoine Lynn, Sydney $50 Pledge
6. Yateen Gupta, Sydney $250 Pledge
7. Boaz Abraham, Sydney $100 Pledge
8. Ramesh Morkhandikar, Sydney $20 Pledge
9. Chidanand Puttarevanna, Sydney $200 Pledge
10. Gaurav Suri, Sydney $300 Paid
11. Pravin Gupta, Sydney $20 Pledge
12. Dr Shailja Chaturvedi, Sydney $200 Pledge
Dr Yadu Singh