Government of India has started Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) enabled by Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA), which is a great news. It should remove the hassle which many experienced while obtaining Visa for India. This facility should increase the tourists numbers to India. It was announced by India’s Home Minister, Sri Rajnath Singh and Minister of State, Tourism, Dr Mahesh Sharma yesterday.
TVoA ENABLED BY ETA-EXPLAINED
The purpose of Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVOA) enabled by Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) is to facilitate foreign travellers visiting India. This facility has been extended to Nationals of following countries: Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kingdom of Tongo, Laos, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Mexico, Myanmar, New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Papua and New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Kiribati, Republic of Korea (i.e. South Korea), Republic of Marshall Islands, Republic of Nauru, Republic of Palau, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vietnam, Vanuatu. List of more countries eligible for TVoA may be notified by Government from time to time.
PURPOSE AND VALIDITY OF TVoA ENABLED BY ETA
- Foreigners whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight- seeing, short duration medical treatment, casual business visit, casual visit to meet friends or relatives etc. Not valid for any other purpose/activities.
- Entry into India within 30 days from the date of approval of ETA.
- Valid for 30 days stay in India from the date of arrival in India.
- Allowed to enter and depart from any of the 9 Airports, viz Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai & Thiruvananthapuram.
- Cannot be availed more than twice in a calendar year.
WHO ALL ARE ELIGIBLE:-
- Foreigner of above countries who holds an Ordinary passport with minimum six months validity.
- Foreigners travelling on Passport other than ordinary passport such as Diplomatic, Official, Special and Service passports are not eligible for TVOA service.
- Should not have a residence or occupation in India.
- Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular visa at Indian Mission
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TOURIST VISA ON ARRIVAL (ENABLED BY ETA):
- Applicants may apply online at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
- TVOA links may also be found in website of Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs, Bureau of Immigration, Incredible India, etc.
- The online application should be submitted minimum 4 days in advance and maximum 30 days of proposed date of travel.
- Recent Front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport to be uploaded while applying.
- The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear and not as per specification.
- A fee of US $60/- (+ bank transaction charges) per passenger to be paid online for the grant of ETA for Tourist Visa-on-Arrival.
- Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstance.
- Online application will be processed only after fee is paid online.
- Decision on TVoA Application will be conveyed by e-mail. Therefore, applicants are advised to ensure that correct e-mail address is provided.
- Applicant can also track the status of their application online on the TVoA website by selecting the link “VISA STATUS”, and entering their Application ID No and Passport No.
- Applicant should carry a copy of ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.
- Tourist Visa on Arrival once issued is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at the TVOA Counter at the Airport on arrival in India.
- This facility is in addition to the existing Visa Services.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ALONG WITH APPLICATION
- Scanned Page of Passport containing photo and personal details.
- Format –PDF; Size : Minimum 10 KB ,Maximum 300 KB
- The digital photograph to be uploaded
Format – JPEG; Size : Minimum 10 KB, Maximum 1 MB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
- The minimum dimensions are 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height).
- The maximum dimensions are 1000 pixels (width) x 1000 pixels (height).
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Background should be plain light colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.
Verification by Airlines while issuing boarding pass to ETA holder
- Traveller holding ETA arrives at Airline Counter.
- Carrier/Airline checks the genuineness /validity of ETA in the TVoA website (specific instructions will be issued separately to Carriers/ Airlines)
- Once ETA is verified, the carrier/Airline will issue Boarding Pass to the ETA holder.
TVOA Help Desk- contact details:
24X7 assistance is available at phone: +91-11-24300666, or email: email@example.com
For Tourist Information on India you, may contact India Tourism in Sydney at +61292219555 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Web: incredibleindia.org
(Info from India Tourism, Sydney)
Dr Yadu Singh/Sydney/28th Nov, 2014